Quick! Name a marketing channel that does the following amazing things:
- Offers a massive 8.5” user interface — double the size of a tablet — and is expandable to 15”.
- Provides crystal clear images that load instantaneously. No lag time!
- Requires no cables or wires.
- Comes pre-installed with thousands of applications.
- Has infinite battery life.
- Can be read from any angle, even upside-down!
What is it? It’s a book!
The ingenious ad campaign comes from IKEA. The home furnishing giant is promoting a YouTube video for what it calls its book book. In the words of the on-screen idea engineer, it is “an idea so simple, it seems familiar.”
In the campaign, the IKEA spokesperson teases the audience with this highly versatile medium that offers benefits that “wow” the audience. Imagine! You can view multiple pages at a time, allow different users to bookmark pages in a simple, intuitive fashion (colored Post-It notes), and despite its power, the battery never, never runs out! It’s a brilliant, entertaining video that every marketer should see.
Best of all, the benefits of this “book book” are real— and they can be applied to direct mailers, postcards, newsletters, and other traditional print marketing, too!
What do you think of this campaign?