An easy way to avoid project delays and additional costs is to ensure that you send ‘clean’ project files to MidAmerican Printing Systems.
By using this handy checklist, you’ll be able to optimize your print ordering experience with MidAmerican:
- Clearly indicate the filename of the document to print
- Include a hard-copy sample or PDF of the file to print
- Create the document with the same trim size as the final printed piece.
- Include all source image files placed in your document
- Raster images should be a minimum of 300 DPI
- Flatten source images and save them as TIF or EPS files
- Include all fonts used in your document (both screen and printer fonts). Don’t forget to check for fonts used in placed art files!
- Use the Collect or Package feature in most Page layout programs to gather file, images and fonts.
- Do not use the style palette to italicize or bold a font. Instead, use the actual typeface such as, Arial Bold.
- Remove any unused colors from your document’s color palette.
- Remember to extend images that bleed beyond the edge of the document ¼”. Also, keep any critical data .125″ from the edge of the page.
- Remove any fold or cut lines form the print image area.
- Convert all Word files to PDF when possible
- When creating a PDF, be sure to include bleed if necessary.
Review the above checklist before submitting your next file to MidAmerican Printing Systems. Your proactive approach will enable you to better prepare your file for print, reduce the overall project cycle time, and eliminate additional file preparation charges. Feel free to contact our prepress department with any further questions: about file submission, or any other prepress issues: firstname.lastname@example.org.